Tuesday 30 June 2015

Pencil Holder using Popsicle Sticks

The idea of using Popsicle sticks first came to my mind when i wanted to make a pencil holder. My daughter just throws hers around whenever she is done with it. I felt if she had a pencil holder which was a little fancy and also something that she help being made she would probably keep all her stationary in it.You can make pencil holders out of lots of things but i felt making it out of Popsicle sticks would make it more sturdy.
So to make a basic one you need the following items:
 

A glue gun
Popsicle Sticks (About 40)



1. Stick about 8 Popsicle Sticks to make a rectangle shape using the glue gun. Make one set of 8 and another two sets of 7. I made my pencil holder in the shape of a triangle. If you want it to be a rectangle shape just add another one set of 8.


2. Stick the sides all 3 sets to make a triangle shape. Add some Popsicle sticks to the base of triangle.

Decorate it as you want.



You can paint the Popsicle or use glitter to decorate.
Your basic pencil holder is ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Its that simple. I hope you enjoy making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment